If you are newly introduced to the world of high-pressure hydraulics you will most definitely find the following tips on "How to set up your Enerpac Hydraulic System" educational.
Let's start with the basics on each product's use in the system.
- Cylinder: Applies hydraulic force
- Cylinder Base Plate: For applications like lifting where additional cylinder stability is required
- Pump: Provides hydraulic flow
- Hose: Transports hydraulic fluid
- Male Coupler: For quick connection of the hose to the system components
- Female Coupler: For quick connection of the hose end to the system components
- Gauge: To monitor pressure of the hydraulic circuit
- Gauge Adaptor: For quick and easy gauge installation
- Swivel Connector: Allows proper alignment of valves and/or gauges. Used when units being connected cannot be rotated
- Auto-Damper Valve V-10: Used to protect gauge from damage due to sudden pressure pulses in the system. Needs no adjustment and allowa correct positioning of gauge, prior to tightening
- 4-Way Directional Control Valve: Controls the direction of hydraulic fluid in a double acting system
- 3-Way Directional Control Valve: Controls the direction of hydraulic fluid in a single-acting system
- Safety Holding Valve: Controls load descent in lifting applications
- Manifold: Allows distribution of hydraulic fluid from one power source to several cylinders
- Needle Valve: Regulates the flow of hydraulic fluid to or from the cylinders
How to set up you first basic hydraulic system
Single-acting push application, such as in a press.
The hand pump offers controlled cylinder advance, but may require many hand pump strokes in longer stroke applications when the cylinder capacity is 25 ton or above.
Single-acting cylinder set-up with longer stroke used for lifting applications.
Double-acting cylinder set-up used for lifting applications where slow controlled descent of the load must be maintained.
Double-acting cylinder set-up use in a push/pull application.
Two point lifting set-up using single-acting cylinders.
Four point-lifting set-up, using single-acting cylinders and directional control valves.
If you need advice on any of the above mentioned hydraulic systems, please do not hesitate to give our technical sales team a call on 0861 707 707.
Image Credit: Enerpac