Product images are for reference purposes only and may differ from the actual product.
Pferd Aluminium Oxide 6A Mounted Flap Wheels 60x20mm (Grit Size: 60 - 320)F6020/6A80
*Subject to Stock Availability
Pferd Aluminum Oxide 6A Mounted Flap Wheel 60x20mm are suitable for use on all materials.
- Shank Diameter: 6 x 40mm
- Size D x T mm: 60 x 20mm
- Recommended Speed: 6300 RPM
- Maximum perm. Speed: 12700 RPM
- Packed Qty: 10
- Aluminum Oxide A
- High flexibility
- High stock removal due to the aggressive coated abrasive
- Carrier material wears off uniformly and
- without residue on the workpiece surface,
- meaning that sharp abrasive grit is exposed at all times
- Due to the flat cast core construction, the
- face of the mounted flap wheels can be
- used to work very close to edges and in corners
- Fine grinding on radii in tool and mould construction
- Machining of small and hard-to-reach areas in apparatus engineering and tank construction
- Machining of fittings made out of nonferrous and light metals
- Grinding of turbine blades in aircraft engine construction and repair
In the diagram, the cutting speeds are represented by blue diagonal lines. The vertical line representing the tool diameter meets the given cutting speed (diagonal). From its point of intersection, proceed horizontally to the left margin, where you will find the corresponding rotational speed [RPM] for the mounted flap wheels and tool drive.
F 6030/6 A 120
Cutting speed: 1520 m/s
Rotational speed: 4,7506,350 RPM
Recommendations for use
- Mounted flap wheels achieve their best performance at a recommended cutting speed of 1520 m/s. This provides an ideal compromise between stock removal, surface quality, thermal load on the workpiece and tool wear.
- Flexible shafts, electric and air-powered straight grinders can be used as tool drives
- Use grinding oil that is suitable for the material in order to significantly increase the tool life and the abrasive performance of the tools.
Influencing work factors
- Tool wear and thermal load - The reduction of the contact pressure and the peripheral speed, together with the addition of grinding oil, reduce tool wear and the thermal load on the workpiece.
- Stock removal - An increase in stock removal should be attained by using a coarser grit size rather than by increasing the contact pressure in order to prevent unnecessary tool wear and thermal load on the workpiece.
- Surface roughness - The increase in cutting speed results in a slightly finer surface. By increasing the contact pressure, the surface becomes slightly rougher. The softer the material to be worked, the rougher the surface (if the same grit size is used).
- For safety reasons, it is imperative to remain within the stated maximum permitted rotational speed at all times
- Safety is only guaranteed if:
- - The clamping depth is at least 15 mm
- - The specified maximum rotational speed for unsupported shank lengths is not exceeded
- Vibration filter
- Noise filter
- Haptic filter
Items with a clear stock indication will be shipped out on the next day. No orders will be processed from 20 December 2021 - 10 Janaury 2022.
While we carry a wide range of products at our store; we do not carry every item available on our online store. Products that clearly states “In Stock” are available to ship on the same day the order was placed.
FREE DELIVERY IN SOUTH AFRICA ON ALL ORDERS OVER R450 We make use of a variety of Courier Companies. Orders are shipped from Monday’s – Thursday’s at 3 PM and on Friday’s at 2 PM and should reach their destination within 2-5 working days depending on the location.
Delivery days may change prior to notice.
Our policy is valid for 7 days after receipt and unfortunately no refund or exchange will be allowed after that. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. We cannot accept responsibility for shortages not reported, in writing, within 2 working days.
Please view our full returns policy here: https://onlinetoolshop.kiloton.co.za/policies/refund-policy
You might also like
Ruwag Random Orbital Sanding Discs (Size: 115 - 150mm, Grit Size: Various)
Pferd 115mm PFF Z Performance Line SG POLIFAN Flap Discs (Grit Size: 40-80)
Bosch Professional Reciprocating Saw Blades M 1142 H for Bosch Multisaw PFZ 500 E